Born 1984 in Edmonton, Alberta. Currently lives and works in Edmonton.
2016 Introduction to Intaglio, SNAP, Edmonton, AB
Introduction to Etching, SNAP, Edmonton, AB
2011-12 Traditional weaving/textile art with teachers in Peru, Argentina, and Bolivia
2008 Bachelor of Arts, Drama & Art, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
2017 Paper Body, Artisan Nook, Edmonton, AB
Paper Body, Art on the Inside Gallery, Edmonton, AB
2016 Paper Body, Metro Cinema Gallery, Edmonton, AB
2016/2017 Deep Freeze Byzantine Winter Festival Gallery, Edmonton, AB
2015/2016 Kaleido Family Arts Festival Gallery, Edmonton, AB
2015 Unfinished Painting Challenge, The Paint Spot, Edmonton, AB
2014 Art From the Unknown, Edmonton, AB
2010-2016 Whyte Avenue Art Walk, Edmonton, AB
2017 Frozen Clothes Project, Deep Freeze Byzantine Winter Festival, Edmonton, AB
2016/2017 Beating Heart, Light Installation, Zoominescence Festival / Flying Canoe Volant Festival / Silver Skate Festival, Edmonton, AB
2016 Memory Tree, Deck-Out-A-Lamppost 24-hour Competition Grand Prize Winner, Kaleido Family Arts Festival, Edmonton, AB
2015 Bounty, Window display for the Metterra Hotel, Green Window City, Edmonton, AB
2016 Five Years of the Courage Gala, Glenrose Hospital Foundation, Edmonton, AB
2015 Festival Map, Edmonton Resilience Festival, Edmonton, AB
2011-2016 Custom linocuts for private collectors
Prout, Erin, “Interview with Stephanie Medford”, Notebook Magazine, September 2010, 49-51
2016 Learning to Draw, Learning to Live, Pecha Kucha, Edmonton, AB
- Developed, facilitated and marketed 2-5 hour workshops on various subjects, including: linocut printmaking, drawing and mindfulness, observation and creative response, mixed media explorations.
- Tailored programs to various organizations and their needs including: Forest Terrace Heights Community League, Bleeding Heart Art Space, NAIT Art & Design Club, Habitat Etc., Edmonton Resilience Festival, Boyle Street Maker’s Fair (upcoming at The Paint Spot and Little Button Sewing Studio).
- Encouraged participants to push their boundaries in a comfortable and informative atmosphere.
The Drawing Project, 2015-2016
- Researched and developed year long online course about overcoming fear of drawing and the inner critic, sent by email to approximately 50 subscribers.
- Sent weekly emails with assignments, inspiration, and encouragement based on personal knowledge and experience, the experiences of other artists, and research into formal drawing practices.
From Where I Stand: A Collaborative Pop-Up Art Workshop, 2015-2016
- Developed and facilitated activity to help event-goers explore their ideas about creativity and art
- Animated events including: Nuit Blanche Edmonton, Green Drinks, Meet me in Macauley Market, Whyte Avenue Art Walk,
2017 Printmaking Workshops, Mount Royal School F4ME Day, Edmonton - Grades 3-6
2015 Printmaking Workshops, Maplewood International School, Abu Dhabi - Grades 5-6
- Developed and taught 60 minute workshops on foam printmaking to students of various ages.
- Encouraged exploration and experimentation within the confines of a specific medium.